Traineeship at the FAC
To the extent of available resources, the Federal Administrative Court (FAC) offers interesting legal traineeship positions in three official languages of Switzerland.
Available traineeship positions are posted in the Job offers section. If no traineeship positions are currently posted, then we look forward to receiving a spontaneous CV from you indicating which division you wish to work for and starting from when. Please send you complete CV and supporting documents to the Federal Administrative Court, HR and Organisation, Traineeships, Postfach, 9023 St. Gallen.
For additional information, you may contact Ms Evelyne Vucic, HR, tel.: 058 481 40 33.
General information about traineeships for university graduates:
- The most recent qualification (Master's degree, doctorate) was awarded no more than 12 months prior to applying for the traineeship.
- In exceptional cases, the most recent qualification (Master's degree, doctorate) was awarded more than 12 months prior to applying for the traineeship because the applicant had to first complete a mandatory traineeship in order to be admitted to the bar examination.
- The Bachelor's degree was awarded more than 12 months prior to applying for the traineeship and the Master's degree will be awarded in the near future.
- 6 month minimun, 12 month maximum (part-time traineeships in exceptional cases possible)
- Are based on the guidelines established by the Federal Office of Personnel (FOPER)
- Are dependent upon the highest qualification obtained (Bachelor's degree, Master's degree, doctorate)
- Are updated yearly
Use uf traineeship certificate for admission to the bar examination
- The legal trainee is responsible for obtaining authorisation to use the traineeship certificate for this purpose
- Clarification and authorisation must be obtained directly from the corresponding cantonal cour